Welcome to the new Emergency Department
The new CPDMH Emergency Department will be built at the back of the
existing hospital and connected at the first floor via a link that will include
an elevator and stairs to navigate the change in elevation. It is designed to
improve each patient's experience with more treatment rooms, barrier-free,
walk-in entrances, and enhanced infection control standards.
Construction is underway!
The official groundbreaking ceremony took place on October 29th. Read more.
The process of planning and construction will take several years and we will keep you informed every step of the way.
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care has a five-stage planning process:
- Stage 1 Part A: Master Plan (Complete and approved)
- Stage 1 Part B: Master Program (Complete and approved)
- Stage 2: Functional Program (Complete and approved)
Outlines the functions, operations, staffing, major equipment, funding and space requirements for the new space
- Stage 3: Preliminary Design (Complete and approved)
- Stage 3.1 - Preliminary block and sketch level design are developed with details about all major components, timelines and costs (Complete and approved)
- Stage 3.2 - Sketch Plan - Detailed physical planning documents, including mechanical, electrical, structural, and architectural design briefs with relevant drawings; phasing plans; building specifications; furniture and equipment lists; updated cost estimates and project schedule (complete and approved)
- Stage 4: Working Drawings (Complete and approved)
Pre-construction phase where detailed drawings and contract documents for tender are drafted and approved
- Stage 5: Implementation Approval (Complete and approved)
Approval to award tender and begin construction
- Construction Underway: The build is expected to take 18 months to 2 years.
If you would like to comment on these plans, please contact Mary Wilson Trider, President and CEO at 613-253-3825 or email email@example.com.
To learn more about the CPDMH Foundation's Healthy Futures. Together! Campaign, please visit www.cpdmh.ca/healthyfuturestogether.